Kodo Millet (Kodra/Varagu/Arikelu/Hark/Varigu)
Kodo millet is a native Indian grain that is grown in Uttar Pradesh in the north and Kerala and Tamil Nadu in the south. It is a traditional food that is similar to rice and aids in weight loss. It is easily digestible and high in phytochemicals and antioxidants, which aid in the prevention of a variety of lifestyle diseases.
Kodo millet | Varagu
வரகு (Tamil), వరగాలు (Telugu), വരഗു(Malayalam), ಹರಕೆ (Kannada), कोड्रा (Hindi)
Mention any one seed variety of your choice on the order notes in cart page from below list: bitter gourd, sivppu vendai, sivppu pulichai, carrot, Long chillies, kozhi avarai, Sakravarthi keerai, chedi beans, chedi avarai, purple beans
Kodo Millet is a native grain that is cultivated in UP in the north and Kerala and TN in the south. It is a staple dish that makes it taste comparable to rice and wheat and assists in losing weight. It is digestible and includes
phytochemical constituents and antioxidants that help in the protection of lifestyle-related illnesses.
Kodo Millet is used in the spot of grain in the preparation of Pulao, Kichadi, Upma, and Pongal. This can be ground into flour to make parathas, Dosas, and chapatis. It is prepared directly and ingested with a variation of curries. It is also boiled till soft in terms of making Dessert, a sweets treat.
Kodo millet is thought to have been tamed roughly three thousand years ago in India. It can be found in tropical and subtropical environments. Whole grain has a high content, and millet has a high amount of protein.
Kodo Millet’s Nutritional Facts:
- Kodo millet is a high-protein grain that can be used in place of rice or wheat.
- It's high in protein, low in calories, and a good source of fibre.
- It is quite easily digestible
- It is high in lecithin and is helpful to the central nervous system.
- Kodo millets are significant in Vitamin b, especially nicotinic acid and B6, and also minerals such as potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
- Kodo millet has the least nutrient contents of any grains and is the greatest potent antioxidant of any millet and significant cereal.
- Kodo millets comprise no gluten and are appropriate for coeliac disease ignorant bigots.
Kodo millet is full of protein, soluble fibre, and antioxidants, which prevent the onset of coeliac disease. It is perfect for diabetes patients and those on a weight-loss eating plan. Incorporating veggies such as carrot sticks, potatoes, beans, and bell pepper enhances the nutrient benefit of this meal by supplying vitamin supplements like Vitamins A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, zinc, potassium, manganese, and phosphorus, and also vast quantities of fibre. Mint and cilantro assist nutrition, while garlic and cumin rinse toxins in the body. It has a cooling sensation on the tummy once merged with curd raita.
Health Benefits of Kodo Millets:
Regular intake of Kodo millet is highly beneficial for postmenopausal
women with heart disease illnesses like hypertension and cholesterol levels.
- Millets cause you to feel heavier quicker, blocking over eating and inevitably assisting in good health weight management. Millets are normally high in fibre, and can help with burps, constipation, and stomach related problems.
- Taking millets aids in the control of blood glucose levels and aids in the cure of subcutaneous injuries by using antioxidant qualities.
- Millets are significant in magnesium, which is identified to advantage heart health. It facilitates reduced pressure.The best ways to safeguard your cardio health is to lower blood pressure and maximise your vascular system.
- Millets also comprise probiotic bacteria fibre in the case of plants' tannins. Bacteria in our digestive tract aerate them and transform them into mammal flavonols. These lignans from animals are shown to safeguard against certain chronic illnesses.
- The antioxidant properties in millet have a favourable impact on detaching oxidative stress, can raise the risk of cancer, and also clean up other toxins from the body, like those in the kidney.
- It also aids in the decrease of combined and lower leg pain, and the regularisation of a woman's menstruation.
- Millets are high in anti-nutrients such as phenolic acids, phytic acid, and lignans, which assist to decrease the risk of large intestine and breast. Millets contain linolenic, which has anti-tumor characteristics.
- Heart problems are the leading cause of death worldwide. A balanced diet ensures a healthy heart, and it's time to add millets to your nutrition. The presence of protein, soluble fibre, and antioxidants in Kodo millets not just to retain this vital organ nutrition, but also lessens bad cholesterol, controls blood pressure, battles nervousness, and retains your pleasure.
- Kodo millets are high in antioxidants. The phenolic content of this tiny millet aids in the extraction of bad cholesterol, the maintenance of cholesterol levels, the reduction of hypertension, and the prevention of a variety of other chronic health conditions. These natural antioxidants also operate against harmful free radicals once they have been exposed to dangerous chemical compounds, seeking to stop diseases like cancer.
Recipe using Kodo Millet:
Kodo Millet Pulao
1 cup Kodo millet
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
10 chopped beans
1 large onion, thinly sliced
½ green capsicum, chopped
1 pound of mint leaves
1 inch of fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic
2 long green chillies
¼ bunch of coriander leaves
one tej patta
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon turmeric
3 teaspoon oil
Salt to taste
- Set aside the Kodo millet after washing it in water for two hours.
- Mint, cilantro, ginger, garlic, chillies, and cloves must be ground into a smooth paste in a mixture with very little water.
- Add oil to a deep-bottomed vessel. Saute the onion till it becomes transparent. Stir in the cumin, tej patta, veggies, salt, garam masala, and turmeric powder.
- Mix in mint and coriander paste. Cook until scented.
- Bring to a boil the water. Cook for 5 minutes at high temperature with Kodo millet.
- Cook for 5 minutes more on low flame. Serve immediately with raita.
Kodo millets are among the most prevalent cereal grains ingested globally. Kodo millets have garnered an indisputable spot in the top superfoods in this modern world due to their incredible nutritive value. These fantastic small millets with a low gi are full of protein, soluble fibre, healthy fats, and antioxidants. It is also suitable if you really are looking to lose weight. For best results, tidy these millets extensively under moving dipping them for at least two hours.
At VILLKART, we are pleased to offer free shipping for orders that exceed a minimum pricing limit, which is subject to change as per the company's discretion. However, in certain situations, shipping charges may apply based on factors such as product weight, shipping location, and other relevant considerations.
Once you place an order, we typically process it within 1-2 business days. The shipping duration varies depending on the courier partner. Generally, customers can expect their orders to be delivered within 3-7 days, depending on their location.
At this time, we regret to inform you that we do not offer international shipping.
After placing an order, you will receive an automated email and SMS providing you with the order details and shipping status. To track your order, use the tracking number included in the email.
While we strive to ensure timely delivery, certain unforeseen circumstances like extreme weather conditions, natural disasters, or other events beyond our control may cause occasional delays. Rest assured, we will do our best to keep you informed in such cases.
Returns and Exchanges:
For information regarding returns and exchanges, please review our Return and Refund Policy on our website using the link provided below.
We value your satisfaction and are committed to providing you with the best possible service. Should you have any further queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team. Thank you for choosing VILLKART for your shopping needs.