Wild Black Rice or forbidden rice is rich in antioxidants and other nutrients. Its also called kavuni rice and has the richest source of anthocyanin. A miracle food!
- Wonderful natural Black Colour and Nutty flavour, Full Of Antioxidants.
- Black Rice is high in nutritional value, rich in iron and high in fibre and minerals.
- Use in Porridge, Bread, Dessert, Black Rice Cake, Hand rolls etc.
Black rice, also known as purple rice, is a range of rice types of the species Oryza sativa, some of which are glutinous rice. Black rice is also known as 'Forbidden Rice' in ancient China since only those belonging to the upper class could afford to eat it. There are several varieties of black rice available today.
- The rice stands out in its nutritional value compared to other rice and is rich in fibre. 100gms of black rice holds approx.5gms of the fibre content
- Kavuni rice has 18 amino acids present in it. The presence of zinc increases immunity and is also rich in iron, copper, carotene and other vitamins
- Kavuni rice has anti-inflammatory properties and is a healing food! It also aids in detoxification of the body
- Black rice is a gluten-free grain. It is also known to fight diabetes (low glycaemic index) as the rice bran contains rich fibre that helps in glucose absorption in the body